A Service of brainline.org
Deployment-Related Traumatic Brain Injury and Co-Occurring Conditions
A Course for Civilian Health Care Providers from BrainLineMilitary.org
Resources for Health Care Providers
If you require one-on-one advice or information, please call the DCoE 24/7 Outreach Center: 1-866-966-1020.If you need help understanding military jargon or acronyms, please refer to the following document: War Psychiatry Acronyms and Abbreviations.
Look at this resource to see the Department of Veterans Affairs' advice for treating substance abuse: Substance Abuse.
Resources for Service Members and Their Families
Your patients and their families can get more information about concussion and what resources are available at any of the following sites:
- Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center: Family & Friends Resources
- BrainLineMilitary.org Resource Directory: Finding Help Near You
- BrainLine.org: For Family and Friends
- Traumatic Brain Injury: The Journey Home
- Afterdeployment.org Getting Help
- Brain Injury Association of America
Each of the branches of the military Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force has targeted resources for injured service members:
- Army Wounded Warrior Program: Dial 1-877-393-9058 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Air Force Wounded Warrior Program: Dial 1-800-581-9437 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Navy Safe Harbor: Dial 1-877-746-8563 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USSOCOM Care Coalition: Dial 1-877-672-3039.
- Veterans Crisis Line (suicide): Dial 1-800-273-8255 and press 1.
- Marine Wounded Warrior Regiment Call Center Phone: Dial 1-877-4USMCWW or 1-877-487-6299.
This article from DVBIC can help family members sort through those resources: Support for Wounded Service Members and Their Families.
Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center
Lead Content Producer: Sherray Holland, P.A.-C., Neuroscience Clinical Advisor
Executive-in-Charge: Michael Wilmore, M.P.A.S., P.A.-C., Director of Clinical Affairs
Executive Producer: Sherry Chiasson, M.B.A./H.A., B.S.W., Manager, Multimedia Education Materials and Distribution
Co-Executive Producer: Leslie Shupenko, M.S., C.C.R.P., Former Manager, Office of Clinical Initiatives
Copy Editor: Susan Schept, Medical Writer
TBI Subject Matter Experts
Adam Anicich, Deputy Director of the Congressional Liaison Service, Department of Veterans Affairs
Cynthia Boyd, Ph.D., Co-Senior Scientific Director and Clinical Neuropsychologist, DVBIC Naval Medical Center San Diego
Alison Cernich, Ph.D., VA Senior Liaison for TBI, DCoE
Helen C. Coronel, M.S.N., B.C., Neuroscience Clinician, DVBIC
Capt. J. L. Hancock, M.D., U.S. Navy
Karl G. Hursey, Ph.D., Rehabilitation Psychologist, DVBIC
John L. Rigg, M.D., Program Director, TBI, Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center
Joel Scholten, M.D., Associate Chief of Staff, Rehabilitation Services, Washington D.C., VA Medical Center
Katie Ambrose Stout, P.T., D.P.T, M.S., C.B.I.S., Tele-Rehab Chief for the Army's Northern Region Department of Telemedicine
Producer: John Rubin, Ph.D., John Rubin Productions, Inc.
Co-Producer: James Donald, John Rubin Productions, Inc.
Medical Consultant: John Whyte, M.D., Ph.D., Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute
Web Producer: Kelly Deckert
Web Developer: Ian Collins
Associate Project Manager: Krystal Klingenberg
Editor: Victoria Tilney McDonough
Project Coordinator: Justin Rhodes
Executive Producer: Victoria Youcha, Ed.D.